Pedestrian Accident Claims

Pedestrian Accident Claims

Although we do our best to take necessary precaution as pedestrians, we cannot predict the actions of those on the road. Drivers have a duty of care to pedestrians to drive safely and to take all necessary precautions to avoid accidents.

Injuries suffered by pedestrians can vary from minor to severe. If you have been injured by a car, truck, train, tram or bus, you may be entitled to compensation. At Zaparas, our expert TAC lawyers will put your mind at ease. By making the process as simple as possible, you can focus on getting better.

Can I make a claim?

TAC Claim

If you are injured by a motor vehicle in Victoria, you may have TAC entitlements. Making a claim with the TAC is the start of your compensation claim. You will be entitled to medical expenses and if you meet certain criteria, some compensation for your lost income. If you have been permanently injured, you may be entitled to benefits no matter who was at fault. However, it’s important that you seek advice at the earliest opportunity, to ensure that you can access the entitlements you deserve.

Common Law Claim

If you have been left with permanent injuries as a pedestrian at the fault of a motor vehicle, you may also be able to bring a common law claim. However, dealing with insurers for these claims can be an additional stress and our expert team at Zaparas, will take on your claim to not only simplify the process, but also to allow you the time you need to recover.

What compensation can I claim?

If you have been injured by a motor vehicle, you may be entitled to compensation including:

  • Medical expenses
  • Loss of earnings and future loss
  • Physical and psychological suffering
  • Assistance

At Zaparas, our expert TAC lawyers can help you make your claim. Dealing with a pedestrian injury can be a stressful time and we aim to give you the support you need to make your claim.

What we offer