Not in Queensland? Change location

Burn Injury

Burn Injury at Work Claim

Suffering a burn-related injury at work, whether it involved a fire, chemical spill or alternative source of injury can leave you with the possibility of receiving compensation.

A burn injury can have a substantial impact on your life, leaving many in situations where it takes a significant period of time to be able to return to work. That is why it is important to seek compensation to assist in relieving the financial burden while you may have sustained an injury.

We’re here to help

Tell us a little bit about your situation and our friendly team will be in touch.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

How to make a burn injury claim?

If you or someone you know has been affected by a burn injury – the first step in making a claim is obtaining an evaluation from a GP for an accurate diagnosis of the injury.

Here at Zaparas Lawyers, we deal with various work injuries daily, giving us the required experience to assist you with any confusion and stress that can arise from sustaining an injury at work, and undergoing the claim process.

What compensation is available to me?

Despite the range of injuries that can be caused by the damage of a burn, you may be entitled to a series of reimbursement options.

This can vary from compensation for loss of wages and any constant pain and suffering from the injury – to reimbursement for any medical expenses experienced as a result of the injury.

If it is independently determined that your injury carries a permanent impairment rating of at least 11%, the opportunity may arise for you to access a one-off lump sum payment for your permanent impairment.

Similar to other WorkCover claims, if you want to pursue reimbursement for your burn injury, it is vital that you are considered to be an employee from your place of work. To do so, you must demonstrate that at least 80% of your income has originated from that place of work over the last 12 months.

Similarly, eligibility for a claim is dependent upon acquiring a certificate of capacity – a document outlining your inability to continue working. This can be done by lodging the certificate to your employer, who has a further 14 days to complete it and send it on to their insurer.

If you are in a situation where you believe you have been injured at work from a burn it is important you act fast, as often stern time limits apply, making it essential to seek legal aid as soon as possible to not forego the ability to make a claim for compensation.


We get to know your story and understand your circumstances.

Home or hospital

If you can’t come to us, we can come to you.


We advocate for your rights and manage discussions with the insurance companies.

Keep you

Our team will regularly update you about the progress of your claim.

No Win,
No Fee

In the unlikely event that we don’t secure compensation for you, we will not charge you for any of our professional fees.

View more blogs