From Your

Compensation from your Landlord

Compensation from your Landlord

If you rent a property in Brisbane or Queensland and have been injured in your rental property due to no fault of your own, you may be entitled to compensation.

Every landlord has a duty of care to their tenants to ensure the property is safe. If you have been injured because your landlord neglects to ensure building safety standards, regular checks are carried out by experts and that qualified tradespeople carry out any repairs needed, immediately, you may be entitled to compensation.

Can I claim compensation?

If your landlord has failed to ensure regular inspections are carried out to repair or replace any potential hazards within the property and you have been injured as a result, you may have a compensation claim. In Queensland, if your landlord does not respond to your claims and you cannot come to a solution, you can get a Notice to Remedy Breach form from the Residential Tenancies Authority in Queensland.

At Zaparas Lawyers Queensland, our property injury lawyers in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Upper Coomera can help advise whether you have a case based on the circumstances that have caused your injury. We work on a ‘No Win, No Fee’ basis, so you won’t have to pay legal fees unless we win your claim.

What we offer