Cycling and bike accident claims

Cycling and bike accident claims

Cycling on roads can be a dangerous activity. Many cyclists and bike riders are unaware that they may have entitlements under the Transport Accident Act, otherwise known as the TAC.

Can I claim compensation?

If you, as a cyclist, have been in an accident with a motor vehicle, you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation if you have been injured in Victoria by a:

  • Collision caused by a moving car, train or tram
  • ‘Car dooring’
  • Collision with a parked or stationary car (if your accident was after 9 July 2014)
  • Collision with an out of control vehicle

If you have been injured by a motor vehicle while riding your bike on the road, you may be able to claim compensation for the following:

  • Medical expenses
  • Loss of earnings
  • Pain and suffering
  • Assistance

All accident claims are different. Making a claim for compensation after a cycling accident can be dependent on a number of factors. Zaparas lawyers will help answer all questions about your cycling accident claim, making the legal process effortless so that you can get your life back on track. We work on a no win no charge basis, so you won’t have the added financial stress of paying legal fees unless we win your claim.

What we offer