Public Transport
Accident Claims

Public Transport Accidents

Catching the bus, train or tram is a part of our everyday lives. However, growing congestion and use of public transport has led to an increase in injuries. Many of these people do not know that they may have a legal claim to compensation as a result of their injuries whilst using public transport.

We’re here to help

Tell us a little bit about your situation and our friendly team will be in touch.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

What to do if you are injured on public transport?

If you are injured while using a train, tram or bus, there are a few things that you should know. First, make sure that you seek medical attention. The next best step is to report the incident to both the police, TAC and appropriate operator of the service you were injured on. Second, you should ask for the details of any witnesses of the accident. Once these things have been done. You should lodge a claim with TAC within 12 months of sustaining your injury, however have 6 years to make a common law claim.

Can I claim compensation?

Most of us rely on public transport and its safety daily. However, if you have been injured in a tram, bus or train accident you may be entitled at common law to be compensated through the TAC, including:

  • Pain and suffering damages
  • Assistance returning to work
  • Household help
  • Childcare
  • Medical and related expenses
  • Financial loss
  • Income loss
  • Rehabilitation

At Zaparas, we can help advise whether you have a case based on the circumstances that have caused your injury. Injuries resulting from accidents on public transport can cause distress and we can help you get compensation for any financial costs incurred from your accident. We offer obligation-free first appointments; home or hospital appointments and case management on a No Win, No Fee basis.


We get to know your story and understand your circumstances.

Home or hospital

If you can’t come to us, we can come to you.


We advocate for your rights and manage discussions with the insurance companies.

Keep you

Our team will regularly update you about the progress of your claim.

No Win,
No Fee

In the unlikely event that we don’t secure compensation for you, we will not charge you for any of our professional fees.

Why Zaparas Lawyers?

At Zaparas Lawyers, we have over 40 years of experience in TAC Claims. Our TAC Lawyers will be able to maximise the benefits you receive.

Every claim is important to us. Our dedicated team of TAC specialists will approach your claim with skill, knowledge, and care. Your file will be conducted by a lawyer who specialises and has experience in TAC claims.

Our dedicated TAC Lawyers can guide you through the process and help make a claim for a benefit at the time you need it most.

We are committed to doing everything in our power to make the legal process as straightforward and stress-free as possible and we will fight to get the best outcome.

We have offices all over Melbourne.

We’ve seen how traumatic and life-changing an injury can be, so we understand how important it is that you don’t have to worry about the financial side of your claim.

Learn More About No Win – No Fee

We are a family business – and we will treat you as one of our own.

Contact us today for a free, no-obligation appointment.

Learn More About Our Fees

Read more client reviews

View more blogs