Public Transport Accidents

Public Transport Accidents

Have you sustained an injury while using public transport?

Catching the bus, train or tram is a part of our everyday lives. However, growing congestion and use of public transport has led to an increase in injuries. Many of these people do not know that they may have a legal claim to compensation as a result of their injuries whilst using public transport.

What to do if you are injured on public transport?

If you are injured while using a train, tram or bus, there are a few things that you should know. First, make sure that you seek medical attention. The next best step is to report the incident to both the police, TAC and appropriate operator of the service you were injured on. Second, you should ask for the details of any witnesses of the accident. Once these things have been done. You should lodge a claim with TAC within 12 months of sustaining your injury, however have 6 years to make a common law claim.

Can I claim compensation?

Most of us rely on public transport and its safety daily. However, if you have been injured in a tram, bus or train accident you may be entitled at common law to be compensated through the TAC, including:

  • Pain and suffering damages
  • Assistance returning to work
  • Household help
  • Childcare
  • Medical and related expenses
  • Financial loss
  • Income loss
  • Rehabilitation

At Zaparas, we can help advise whether you have a case based on the circumstances that have caused your injury. Injuries resulting from accidents on public transport can cause distress and we can help you get the compensation for any financial costs incurred from your accident. We offer obligation free first appointments; home or hospital appointments and case management on a no win no charge bases.

What we offer